You worked all spring to get your perfect summer body. Now, it’s time to spoil yourself. Treat yourself with these easy-to-make summertime desserts.
Frozen Mocha Torte
Stay cool this summer with this recipe for a frozen mocha torte. You will need:
- 1 cup of chocolate wafer crumbs
- ¼ cup of sugar
- ¼ cup of melted butter
- 8 ounces of softened cream cheese
- 14 ounces of sweetened condensed milk
- 2/3 cups of chocolate syrup
- 2 tablespoons of instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon of hot water
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream, whipped
Put the sugar, butter, and wafer crumbs in a small bowl. Put the mixture in a greased 9-inch springform pan. Press the mixture into the pan and along the sides.
Take out a large bowl and add chocolate syrup, milk, and cream cheese. Beat them together. Then put the coffee granules in hot water, so it will dissolve. Once it melts, add it to the mixture. You will need to fold in the whipped cream and pour everything in the bowl over the crust. Cover the crust and put it in the freezer for eight hours.
Take it out of the freezer and wait 15 minutes. Then, it is ready to serve.
Want a recipe that is even easier? You can’t beat this recipe for cannoli dip. You will need:
- 15 ounces of ricotta cheese, made with whole milk
- ¾ cup of confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon of candied citron, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of grated lime zest
- Miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Miniature ice cream cones
Put the sugar, ricotta cheese, lime zest, and candied citron in a bowl and beat the ingredients together. Put the mixture in an ice cream cone and add the chocolate chips. Then the dessert is ready to serve. How easy was that?
Sonoran Sunset Watermelon Ice
The recipe for Sonoran sunset watermelon ice is also easy to follow. Start by gathering your ingredients. You’ll need:
- ½ cup of sugar
- ¼ cup of water
- 4 cups of watermelon, cubed and seedless
- 3 tablespoons of lime juice
- 2 tablespoons of pomegranate juice
- 1 tablespoon of fresh cilantro, minced
- A dash of salt
Take out a small saucepan and throw in the water and sugar. Bring the mixture to a boil and then stir it. Take it off the burner when the sugar is dissolved.
Put the watermelon in a blender and puree it. Then pour the pureed watermelon in a large bowl. Stir in the remaining ingredients, including the sugar mixture. Once everything is blended, place it in the refrigerator. Take it out when it is cold.
Then put the mixture into your ice cream maker and freeze it. Put it in freezer containers and put it in the freezer for four hours. Then you can serve this tasty treat.
You might also like: Take A Trip To The Mid-Lothian Mines Park
Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth This Summer
These treats are an easy way to satisfy your sweet tooth this summer. Gather your ingredients and get to cooking!